Grade three’s ‘I can’ challenges;
- I can create and organise my files into folders.
- I can use keyboard shortcuts.
- I can create and animate a slideshow or a clip using Power Point and Photostory3.
- I can use programs via the internet to create and publish work (e.g. tagxedo, collages).
- I can capture, download and edit pictures from a digital camera.
- I can use spell check.
- I can enter my password and Username to get into DuoLingo & Netspace
- I am aware of the difference between coding and mechanical options for making things happen
During Semester Two the grade three students researched and designed their own coding inventions. They learnt that in computer programming, ‘CODING’ is a language that tells the object what to do. E.g. Coding tells a microwave how hot & how many minutes to continue at that heat. CTRL +P tells the computer to print. The door opener isn’t a computerised mechanism. We push the button & a mechanical action pushes the lock out of the way so the spring pushes the door open.
We had some automatic bed makers, water spray alarm clocks, automatic dog feeders and heaps more!
Grade three students were asked to email their parents and Mrs Miller about their time at camp and also how they enjoyed their Spring holidays. Here are some of their emails;
After viewing the Cyber Buster invisit, grade 3 students were asked to create a poster about what they had learnt.
Safer Internet Day 2017 presentations
Middle and upper primary: Keep it sweet online
Audience: Years 3, 4, 5 and 6.
The presentation will assist students to:
- understand their rights as a child for safety, respect and privacy
- identify behaviours online from adults or older students which are inappropriate or unsafe
- be empowered to identify and seek help from people within their trusted adult network
- know where to find support when they are being cyberbullied or receiving unwanted contact.
With the help of classroom teachers, the presentation will feature polling and interactive questions.
Well done to these students for completing their Pivot Projects; you can now view them on You Tube!
Leon B & Xavier J you were so close. Hopefully next year we can finish uploading yours!
The shortcuts post-test results were amazing grade 3 students. Everyone really improved and showed growth from their pre-test from earlier in the year. We’ll do this again towards the end of next year and see if you know even more. Control S was the favourite one! These students know the most; Jesse, Jaylan, Blake, Riley, Sophie, Star & Rachel.
Term 3 Students are hoping to create a Pivot movie to upload to You Tube. Their first learning task is to create a background in Paint. Week 1 we created a picture about our holidays.