Grade 6

Grade six’s ‘I can’ challenges;

• I can share my learning progress online. (Subscribing family members to personal blogs)
  • I can use social networking responsibly.
  • I can tell you the reliability of information that I find on the internet. (Complete the Copyright Brief)
  • I can use specific search symbols (“ _ , “ + – ) to improve my search results.
  • I can modify my online space to improve meaning content based on user feedback. (Using Global2)
  • I can add attachments and signatures to emails. (Add people to my address book)
  • I can enter and sort data in excel.
  • I can use graphics and text to show ideas in mind maps, tables, SmartArt, collages, tagxedos.
  • I can organise my inbox using folders and create widgets within my own blog.
  • I can create my own Game to share with my peers. (Multi-levelled)

This week in computers, the grade six students worked on our whole school computer blog to view some clips from ‘Behind the News’.

The focus was about ‘Cyber Bulling’ and learning about the risks people take by going online, and the possible consequences of those risks. We also discussed the technical and behavioural measures we can all use, to help reduce our risk, and bolster online security — security for people, for internet devices, and for personal data. For example making sure our settings are private and how to block people that make us feel unsafe.

If you have ever used social media you might have read something hurtful written about you or you might have said something about a friend that you wish you could take back. It happens to lots of people, even adults. You may have even heard the term ‘Trolling’. In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet. 

Watch this clip and post your reflection underneath this page answering the following two questions.

Cyberbullying

What is cyberbullying? What should you do if you or someone you know is being cyberbullied?

Photography

During term two the grade 6 classes were asked to use an iPad to collect some artistic photographs. One was to be their favourite hangout spot around the school and the second photograph was to be an abstract image.

Term 1 Learning goals; Many of the grade 6 students have already practiced a variety of learning goals and some students have continued to modify their very own blogs adding some widgets. Students were asked to bookmark regularly used sites like Duo Lingo, Code Studio and Net Space-our school internet site.

Please look at the very bottom of this page to view what your child published…

Term 1: First Reflection after our Infusion in the computer lab

I can log in using my student code

I can create folders using the shortcut (Ctrl/Shift N)

I can rename my USB

I am currently on ? on the trust chart so can/can’t use YouTube with the teachers permission

I am grateful for ? when I’m in DT classes.

At the end of the year I ask the students to post a comment underneath their year level page on this blog and use this as a guide to plan for 2018. I’ve put one example here and the others are found right down the bottom of this page.

Most of the grade 6 students work is uploaded and shared within their own private blogs.

Congratulations Liam (room 19) for being our “Blocky Code” champion.

One of the Grade 6 tasks this semester has been to capture an interesting image of their favourite hangout at school.

my-photo dunking img_0886 photo-1

We’ve had a lot of fun using the Olympics with our Learning Goals. Here’s some fabulous messages we sent to the athletes.

hayley woollard r14 JARVIS R13 Katie Rm14

Grade 6 Science Term 4 2015 Thanks Mr Swayn….

Emmag G Page from her blogAn image from Emma’s blog. Teachers of inspiration!

Jonty’s Movie Creation Room 17

Online Platforms Graph HUNTTA RM17 online programs graph zack rm17

Hunntta Room 17      Zack Room 17

Well done Jordyn for completing your ‘Digital Licence’

Digital Licence

Ryder & Tess completed great Tagxedos using their teachers names!

tagxedo Ryder Grade 6 Tess C Tagxedo Room 19

scratch project r17 JYAN

Grade 6 Digital Licence ESmart students

Task 1 Term 1 Goals ICT Grade 3-6 2015

Grade 6 Semester 2 I can Tasks

you tube cyber bullying videos

Please ask your child to search for our ICT class bog and show you what we’ve been learning.

ANZAC DAY PROJECT_ By Seb Room 18

ELLIE ANZAC Room 19

ANZAC powerpoint-ICT

ellies room 19 Ext task

Extension task-ICT Emma Room 19

Jonty rm 17 extension task Extension Task Jonty Room 17

88 thoughts on “Grade 6

1. I can log in using my student code

I can rename my USB

I am currently on white on the trust chart so I can use YouTube with the teachers permission

I am grateful for having a very helpful teacher when I’m in DT classes.

2. Term 1: First Reflection after our Infusion in the computer lab

I can log in using my student code

I can rename my USB

I am currently on green on the trust chart so cant use YouTube with the teachers permission

I am grateful for having free time when I’m in DT classes.

3. I can rename my USB

I am currently on green on the trust chart so can use YouTube with the teachers permission

I am grateful because we are allowed to listen to music in ict sometimes when I’m in DT classes.

4. What is cyberbullying bad language on social media What should you do if you or someone you know is being cyberbullied tell a trusted adult

5. Cyberbullying is someone that bullies someone else online. When someone you know is getting bullied maybe you can talk to them about and then tell them to block them.

6. What is cyberbullying? What should you do if you or someone you know is being cyberbullied?

1) Cyberbullying is a type of bully that is on social media or though text messaging.
    2) You can tell a trusted adult or email the social media company about it.

7. What is cyberbullying is when some one dose a form of bulling on a device.
    What should you do if you or someone you know is being cyberbullied tell you family members or teachers (I would screen shot the post and show it as proof.

8. What is cyberbullying? What should you do if you or someone you know is being cyberbullied?
    Well cyberbullying is a type of bullying online. if sum one is being bullied you screen shot it and tell an trusted adult. 🙂 🙂 🙂

9. What is cyber bullying: when someone hurts you/bullies you online.
    What should you do if you or someone you know is being cyberbullied: keep the evidence and get help from a adult.

10. What is cyberbullying?
    cyberbullying is were someone on the internet is posting mean and inappropriate messages. the person being rude is hiding behind the screen and not showing themselves.
    What should you do if you or someone you know is being cyberbullied?
    show a adult or tell the company that you are using to do something about your problem with cyberbullying because they will help you.

11. What is cyberbullying? Cyberbullying is teasing or calling names over social media on the internet.What should you do if you or someone you know is being cyberbullied? You should block them or take screen shots or both then contact trusted adults.

12. cyberbullying is when someone if constantly hurting you physically or mentally.
    if someone I knew was getting bullied I would tell them to tell a trusted adult.

13. What is cyberbullying? Cyberbullying is when someone says something hurtful or mean towards you on a social media networks such as Instagram and Facebook.

What should you do if you or someone you know is being cyberbullied? When you are being cyberbullied you should firstly screenshot what the person has said, block the person then tell a trusted adult at home or at school.

14. What is cyberbullying?
    I believe cyberbullying is online bullying, on social apps like Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.

I would screenshot whatever happened for proof, report them on whatever app it was on then show a trusted adult.

15. cyberbullying is when someone is constantly hurting you physically or mentally.
    if someone I knew was getting bullied I would tell them to tell a trusted adult. 🙂

16. What is cyberbullying? What should you do if you or someone you know is being cyberbullied? you should get help by teachers parents police and report them and block them from your account screen shot for evedince……..

17. What is cyberbullying? What should you do if you or someone you know is being cyberbullied?

Cyberbullying is a type of bulling that is done on a device.

I think when you get cyber bulling happens you should tell a trusted adult and block the person who is doing it to you.

18. cyber bullying is saying something hurtful online. If my friend was getting cyber bullied I would say to them to take a picture of it tell there parents and block them.

19. what is cyber bullying?
    cyberbullying is a form of bullying that occurs on the internet.
    You should let a trusted adult know what’s going on, and block the cyberbully.

STOP CYBERBULLYING!! >:(

20. What is cyberbullying? What should you do if you or someone you know is being cyberbullied?
    cyberbullying is bullying but on social media
    tell them to stop or show a picture of them to a trusted adult or block them

21. What is cyberbullying?
    Cyberbullying is when you be mean to someone, online or on social media. Being mean to someone over text messages.

What should you do if you or someone you know is being cyberbullying?
    When you know you or someone else is being cyberbullied, you should screenshot all the messages for proof, tell and trusted adult and block them.

22. What is cyber bullying?
    Cyber bullying is basically bullying but doing it over the internet, through games or text messages, etc.
    What should you do if you or someone you know is being cyber bullied?
    Tell a trusted adult/guardian and block the cyber bully if possible. If you block them they can no longer text or talk to you.

23. What is cyber bullying? cyber bullying is when someone is being targeted and being bulled more than one is can take away peoples rights and can make them feel unwanted .
    What should you do if you or someone you know is being cyber bullied? i think you straight away tell a trusted adult then take a screen shot and if it is bad take it to the police. then delete the comment and move on.If you are being cyber bulled you are not alone there are lots of people to help.

24. I think cyber bullyis a form someone being bully on soial media by someone saying rude word to someone
    If I new someone was getting cyber bullied I would tell them to take a screen shot and tell the website or an adult and block them after that and don’t comment back to them

25. What is cyberbullying? What should you do if you or someone you know is being cyberbullied?
    Cyberbullying is something that happens online behind a computer on things like Instagram Facebook or anything else that you can talk to people on. I would tell the person to tell their parents what’s going on before it gets any worse because its not your problem it’s their problem and not yours to fix. If it’s you then screen shot the evidence, block them and tell a teacher parent or police.

26. What is cyberbullying, cyberbullying is when someone sends you something that could be hurtful or just not nice. What should you do if you or someone you know is being cyberbullied? I would be a good friend and tell him or her to go tell a loved one or tell a teacher or block the person that is cyberbullying

27. What is cyberbullying, cyberbullying is when you are getting bullied online say on Facebook or Instagram. What should you do if you or someone you know is being cyberbullied, go take a screenshot and show the evidence to your parents.

28. Well cyberbullying is where someone is constantly picking on you, calling you names, telling you put downs about your self, leaving notes and constantly getting everyone to turn their back on you. To ignore you.
    1: I would tell them it’s not true.
    2: They should ignore it.
    3: Tell them your on their side.
    4: If it get’s any worse talk to your teacher.
    5: If it get’s any worse then that talk to your parent.
    6: I’d tell them it will be over and you’ve still got me as a friend.

29. Cyberbullying is Treating someone badly on a phone, iPad or computer and any networking device/site online.

We must block them and not respond to negative texts and always tell a trusted adult.

30. Cyberbullying…Week 9 Term 3
    What is cyberbullying and What should you do if you or someone you know is being cyberbullied?
    Cyberbullying is bullying someone online such as Instagram snap chat twitter and Facebook.
    If you are being cyberbullied you should block and report the person because it is not worth all of the negative texts they can send you.
    No one deserves to be treated like in a negative way…Have fun and enjoy life!

31. Cyber bullying is someone using technology to give you a hard time and to resolve it show it to a trusted adult, block the user and delete the message.

32. What is cyberbullying? How do we try to stop it?

Well cyberbullying is basically where someone is saying hurtful things to you on the internet.

If we screenshot the messages and show our parents, teachers, police or someone you trust, they can help you by blocking the person or reporting them.

33. What is cyberbullying? Cyberbullying is when you are being bullied over the internet, or online.
    What should you do if you or someone you know is being cyberbullied? If someone you know is being cyberbullied you should block them, tell a parent/guardian/trusted adult and if you cant do that, call kids helpline. \/(=.__.=)\/