Grade six’s ‘I can’ challenges;
- I can share my learning progress online. (Subscribing family members to personal blogs)
- I can use social networking responsibly.
- I can tell you the reliability of information that I find on the internet. (Complete the Copyright Brief)
- I can use specific search symbols (“ _ , “ + – ) to improve my search results.
- I can modify my online space to improve meaning content based on user feedback. (Using Global2)
- I can add attachments and signatures to emails. (Add people to my address book)
- I can enter and sort data in excel.
- I can use graphics and text to show ideas in mind maps, tables, SmartArt, collages, tagxedos.
- I can organise my inbox using folders and create widgets within my own blog.
- I can create my own Game to share with my peers. (Multi-levelled)
During term two the grade 6 classes were asked to use an iPad to collect some artistic photographs. One was to be their favourite hangout spot around the school and the second photograph was to be an abstract image.
Term 1 Learning goals; Many of the grade 6 students have already practiced a variety of learning goals and some students have continued to modify their very own blogs adding some widgets. Students were asked to bookmark regularly used sites like Duo Lingo, Code Studio and Net Space-our school internet site.
Please look at the very bottom of this page to view what your child published…
Term 1: First Reflection after our Infusion in the computer lab
I can log in using my student code
I can create folders using the shortcut (Ctrl/Shift N)
I can rename my USB
I am currently on ? on the trust chart so can/can’t use YouTube with the teachers permission
I am grateful for ? when I’m in DT classes.
At the end of the year I ask the students to post a comment underneath their year level page on this blog and use this as a guide to plan for 2018. I’ve put one example here and the others are found right down the bottom of this page.
Most of the grade 6 students work is uploaded and shared within their own private blogs.
Congratulations Liam (room 19) for being our “Blocky Code” champion.
One of the Grade 6 tasks this semester has been to capture an interesting image of their favourite hangout at school.
We’ve had a lot of fun using the Olympics with our Learning Goals. Here’s some fabulous messages we sent to the athletes.
Grade 6 Science Term 4 2015 Thanks Mr Swayn….
Jonty’s Movie Creation Room 17
Hunntta Room 17 Zack Room 17
Well done Jordyn for completing your ‘Digital Licence’
Ryder & Tess completed great Tagxedos using their teachers names!
Please ask your child to search for our ICT class bog and show you what we’ve been learning.
ANZAC DAY PROJECT_ By Seb Room 18